Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Revenge - Padma Thorne

Sorry for the hiatus, things have been pretty crazy of late, anyway...  On with the show.

Over the last couple of weeks some crazy stuff has been going on like normal, but I'm going to be honest I haven't been as much of a fan of these story lines has I was last year.  It just seems like Emily is just kind of there, and the Greyson's are futzing around, add in the stupid Declan thief story and you just have some flat plots.  Nothing like last year where Emily was knocking people down left and right.  To me they need to crank up the intensity a little bit, and that may have came last night from a couple directions.

The first little piece of intensity  to me comes from Mason Tredwell, this guy is like a cockroach, nothing kills him and he just keeps popping up.  Last night was the revelation that he knows that Amanda is not Amanda, granted that doesn't point the finger at Emily but it will make for an interesting twist if that information comes out.  The most important impact coming from Jack, how would he react if he found out that Amanda was not whom he thought she was, he's already kind of on the edge right now.  If Jack doesn't take it well does that mean that Amanda decides to run off aboard Jack's boat and end up at the bottom of the ocean?  I'm going with yes there.

And while I'm on the topic of Jack, let me tangent for a minute.  What is the deal with his two BILLIONAIRE friends not helping him out with the problem with opening the bar?  I mean at the very least couldn't they offer him up a loan?  Sure Jack is a proud guy, but come on it's pocket change for Emily and Nolan.  Oh well if Revenge has taught us anything, it's that rich people like their money, and they aren't about helping unless there is an agenda behind it.

Back to Amanda, I can't really imagine that there will be too much of an impact with the Greyson's, I mean they should be relieved to learn that it's not Amanda.  Then again, now that crazy Kara has appeared, that might not really matter anymore.  It just seems like Amanda's purpose on the show is quickly running out.

On to interesting topic number two, Nolan's little assistant.  This character makes me wish that I had been writing the last couple of weeks because she is interesting.  There was a part of me that was hoping that she might be a good guy on the show, but it seems more likely that she has a very very nasty agenda of her own. My best theory for her is that she is the reverse of Emily last season, meaning that we got to see Emily behind the scenes so we knew what she was up to while the characters on the show had no idea about her true identity.  My thought is that we are seeing the fake side of Padma but she has her own plot of revenge against Nolan.  Go back to the last episode where she found the check from David Clarke, she brought up another company and asked Nolan about a lawsuit with them.  Nolan brushed it off in his "I'm awesome" way, my guess is that the heads of that other company didn't fare too well after the lawsuit and that Padma was related to them.  Now she is out for revenge on Nolan.  It looks like some of that came out this episode as Padma was digging deeper into the David Clarke check at Greyson Global.  Maybe she is just a really diligent accountant, but I'm guessing not.

Which leads us to Aiden and his comment to Daniel that potentially the money used to finance Nolan's company came from Greyson Global, giving them a controlling interest in Nolan's company.  Aiden, you're an asshole.  I'm not sure what his agenda is but I guess that he is sick of Emily pushing him away, which is another issue, what the hell is her beef with him, or anyone trying to help her for that matter.  She was a bitch to Nolan all last season, and now Aiden has gone about trying to help her here as well.  Sure he was more interested in keeping her on task in bringing down the Greysons while she was looking for her mother, but really, there wasn't time for both?  Either way it now looks like Aiden is taking over the plot to destroy the Greysons and he doesn't care how he does it, sorry Nolan, you're going to have a bad season.

Now let's talk about crazy Kara, that chick is coo-coo for coco-puffs.  I really don't know what to make of her at this point other than a plot device, which is kind of sad actually.  There is a lot of potential there to use the character for something, but as of right now it just looks like a stir it up piece.  We'll have to see how it plays out, but I'm not really that interested in her at the moment, which is also probably why this season has been as awesome to me as of yet.  Good, just not Great!

I think that the next episode is going to have a good deal of fireworks in it.  I don't think that we'll get the revelation that Amanda isn't Amanda quite yet to the general public, but might we see someone else find out who Emily really is?  There are enough people close enough at this point to discover whom she is, Mason, Kara, Aiden.  My hunch is that someone will find out, but then die before it can get out.  The revelation about whom Emily is seems like a season 3 piece of information.

Now then since a number of characters on the show really need to die, let's make a list of whom needs to die next, because it's going to happen, it's just a matter of time.

Kara - She is just annoying.  I figure as she is dying Emily reveals to her the truth.
Aiden - I kind of like the character actually, but my hunch is that Emily has to take him out to protect Nolan.
Amanda - I still think that she goes down with the ship.
Charlotte - She's dumber than a box of rocks, "Mom, I guess you really have changed."  dumbass
Declan - He can go down with the ship too for all I care.
Ashley - Does she have a point anymore?

Anyway what does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment