Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Bachelor - Ladies, you will now dance for Lord Ben

So with the lack of an audience last week I decided that I would take the week off from writing my dribble about everyone's favorite TV show (no not CSI: Antarctica) the Bachelor, but now I'm back and better than ever. That may or not be true, so far I'm on sentence 3 so we'll see, but the last write up that I did was pretty good in my opinion, too bad no one read it. (I walk off to go cry for a while).

So this week we're in lovely Panama, but it's obviously not that wonderful since none of our lovely "ladies" made the comment that Panama was the perfect place to fall in love, I'm sure the Panamanian tourist board will be quick to call ABC and tell them that they didn't live up to their end of the deal in promoting their little country. Not like there is anything else there that might get someones attention, some waterway or something, I don't know.

Again following last weeks format of not retelling the whole episode let's get to the crazy ladies and all of the fun details that I can remember.

No place better to start than with Miss Insecurity, Casey B. Yet another, "If we can survive on this island then we'll be able to survive anything" dates. You want to survive anything, have them work in a daycare for a week without help, if they survive that then they have a future! At dinner Miss Casey "open's up" for Ben and gets his approval to go on to the next round, whoopie! Oh and did you notice yet another dead fish for them to catch? And you thought I was making it up in Utah.

And that brings us to my first tangent of the day, the opening up crap. First off let me give credit to EW, I read their recap so that I can remember what happen in the two hours of joy that is the Bachelor so I may take a couple things from there. I got the image last night of Ben sitting on his throne and having the ladies one by one come up to him and have to beg for their lives to stick around another week. Casey gave her little I used to have an eating disorder but I got found out at a Super Bowl party... (Coincidence that Super Bowl was yesterday? just saying). They all had their little stories that really don't matter, it's just pandering anyway. What gets me is that they're supposed to give their lives story to a guy that they have known for what 3 weeks, while a bunch of other lovely "ladies" are around ready to pounce on. Not to mention that if they don't "open up enough" that he's just going to send them away anyway. But this is old news, it's the same every season.

The episode was so bad, I think I'll just jump ahead to the odds on the individual ladies left.

Lindzi - even - If Ben is serious about finding a wife, this is the women that he will pick. They have natural chemistry and she's not a nut job like the other women on the show. Not to mention the fact that they showed her in Switzerland as part of the final 3. There really isn't too much more to say about her, because she doesn't kick up a lot of drama we don't see her a lot.

Courtney - 25-1 - Yeah you heard me 25-1, I don't think that she has a chance of getting picked at the end. ABC is promoing her going home next week, which means that she most assuredly won't, but her slutty little act is going to fizzle out before too long. For a second let's give Ben the benefit of the doubt and say that he really isn't just in it for fame and that he really is looking for the woman of his dreams, I know I know, just go with me here. He's going to catch on to the fact that she is just playing a game with him for his affection, and he'll get over it when he realizes that there is nothing behind it. The old saying, "There are women you date, and there are women you marry." If I'm right, Ben catches on that she is just a floozie and dumps her butt, at that point I'm sure she'll be classy and say that she wasn't that into him anyway, she was just trying to win.

More on Courtney, she is a bitch, but she has a point, the other women are making it too easy for her to distract Ben because of their lack of competition on the dates. I'm not saying that you have to be a slut about it, but you take him aside to talk and spend one on one time with him, not waiting for him to pull you away. Courtney has this figured out and she is using sexuality to drive the point home. On the flip side any of the ladies could take him aside and stimulate his mind, which in the end will win out in the long run every time. Instead you get girls like Jessie that allow Courtney to steal her one on one time by swimming in the back ground while she is talking to Ben. Ben is a troll for allowing it to distract him, and he's a troll for not saying something, but Jessie could have stood up for herself and either said something to Courtney or Ben about what was going on. And if Ben got upset about it, then guess what, you didn't want to be with him anyway. Jessie's coy little attempts at being seductive later didn't stand a chance. Point is she wasn't confident and it got her sent home. Confident does not mean acting sexy, someone that is confident just exudes sexy regardless of what they are doing.

Emily - 20-1 - At least she didn't talk about Courtney this week. Ben obviously has something for her, but it's hard to say what that is. For the most part it seems that she is more interested in what everyone else in the house is up to rather than making a relationship with Ben (not that I can blame her). In the end he'll say that she didn't open up enough and send her home.

Casey B - 10-1 - I think that she has a chance, but she just seems like so much of a little kid that I can't see Mr. Sophisticated choosing someone like her. Which is a break for her, she seems really sweet and she should get better than him.

Rachel - 15-1 - The irony of surviving the 2-1 date is that she doesn't have a chance to be there at the end, heck I bet she goes home next week. I think that she is similar to Courtney in that she is kind of evil. When Blakely got sent home she was all about rubbing it in on the camera, classy! Sure Blakely was acting confident going into the date, but it was obviously just acting, hell she even said so. (Can't believe that I'm defending her after that first week) But Rachel is just kind of there during her dancing with the stars audition in which we saw Blakely get all VIP cocktail waitressy. Salsa dancing would have been a much better 1-1 date.

Nikki - 3-1 - If it's not Lindzi, it will be Nikki, but it won't be. She seems sweet but at some point Ben is going to pull the ultimate shumck card and send her home because she has been married, my guess breaking her heart on the final rose. Oh well you got to see the Alps! Back to Dallas to fix teeth. Speaking of teeth, is it me or did you notice that everyone had their teeth "did" previous to going on the show?

Maybe that's why Kasey was on the show, "maybe he'll marry me now." I had to laugh when she went home, "now I need to find someone else to marry." So really it's all about just finding a man to get married to, or to replace your love Mike. If that isn't the definition of rebound, I don't know what is.

Really we only have 5 left? Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment