Initially I was in disbelief, "No I liked the ending of Lost." But deep down I knew the truth, I had been lied to. I also thought that maybe I could find love in another's arms, so I went out on dates with Flashforward and a blind date with The Event. Call it a rebound, but neither of them could deliver the same type of fascination that I had had with Lost. Oh sure I tried to give myself to those shows, but the love just wasn't there. The plots of both were trying so hard to be something they weren't, they were trying to be Lost, to replace Lost, but in the end they were just jumbled up messes that pushed me even further away from serialized drama.
After the rebounds I took some time off for myself, I went out on some dates with the Bachelorette and we had a really good time together. But those were just flings, one night stands if you will. We knew there was no real love between us, but sometimes it's not about love, it's about having fun. In the end the Bachelorette helped to get me back on my feet so that when the next show came around I would be ready for it.
This summer I had been looking up something online and I happened to come across ABC's fall lineup, filled with all sorts of new show trailers just waiting to be released. One of them caught my eye, it was a red titled show that just had a special darkness about it, it immediately caught my attention with it's catchy name, Revenge. I told my wife that this might be something good, so I kept an eye on it, waiting to see when it was going to premiere.
So last Wednesday Jen and I sat down to give the show a try. After an hour we were both blown away (ok I was blown away, but Jen really liked it too). Here it was, a serialized drama about bad people getting what they deserve all being served up by a main character that herself was pretty evil by her own right. Not to mention a list of characters that you just didn't know where they were coming from, were they your basic douches or were they all demons by their own right. Then to top if off, writing that I think is just exceptional in how it uses the characters and moves the plot. Oh sure we think we know where the plot is going, but with so many possibilities on where it could go, it's tantalizing. I was expecting a let down last night, instead I got more of the awesome sauce that I tasted in the first episode.
After every love there is heartbreak, but in time wounds heal. I'm not sure where this new relationship is going to go, but I'm sure willing to find out, Revenge has my attention like no show has since Lost and knowing that it's getting great feedback online it's going to be around for a little while. Jump on board folks, there is plenty of awesome sauce on this polo pony for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment